Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Words of Wisdom.

The Asian owner of my favorite Chinese food restaurant said something so adorably fortune cookie Sunday that I just had to share. Some background information first:

Near the downtown areas of Waterville is the Concourse, which consists of a number of stores and restaurants. My favorite haunt (besides Goodwill) is The Pagoda Express, an absolutely darling Chinese food restaurant. They actually have the best crab rangoon I have ever tasted, but that's not the point of my story. I try to order take-out at the restaurant every once in a while and I do make the effort to dine in, when I can con a friend into going with me, that is.

Pagoda Express

The staff at the restaurant knows me very well. I habitually order the same types of thing. There was added excitement over the past month that I have been visiting, because my caller ID has changed to read "Awesome, I Am." Anywho, that Sunday my old roommate Tori was in the area and we ordered take-out using her cellphone. The restaurant was empty when we walked in (it was near closing). My favorite waitress greeted me with "Are you doing awesome today?"

I laughed. "I am indeed!" I said. The owner of the restaurant, the previously mentioned man, was at the counter and the waitress came up and explained to him how my caller ID has a great declarative statement. I turned to Tori and said: "See, even the phones know how great I am!"

"Well I tell myself I'm awesome all the time!" Tori said.

The owner looked at Tori and said, "You tell yourself you awesome, you awesome everyday."

Fortune cookie wisdom, that man has it.

2 comments:

kittycat said...

I'm so glad you're one of The Awesome people too! I've been one for, oh, four or five years now. It's just great isn't it?

M. D. Mazerolle said...

I'm still waiting for my toaster, you know! :D